Wide Diversity of Topics Covered in 2020 Publications Based on CivicLEADS Data
While 2020 has been unique in its challenges, many researchers spent the year writing articles, chapters, and virtual presentations. We have found 29 new publications based on data archived at CivicLEADS.
These publications cover a huge diversity of topics. Some articles fall right in line with CivicLEADS's main focus on civic learning, engagement, and action, such as:
- "Does civic education foster civic duty? A systematic cross-country analysis of the effect of three forms of civic education on the sense of civic duty to vote"
- Based on data from International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2016
- "Young citizenship: Civic engagement and participation in four Nordic countries"
- Based on data from the International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2016
- "Fighting for Power: Class Conflicts in Political Participation"
- Based on data from the Youth Participatory Politics Survey Project, 2013
Other publications have topics straight from the 2020 headlines, including:
- Voting and elections: "Parent encouragement and young adult voting behavior: A potential outcomes approach"
- Immigration: "The impact of anti-discrimination policies on immigrant youths' sense of national belonging: an institutionalist account"
- Based on data from the International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2009
- Political polarization: "Exploring the effects of algorithm-driven news sources on political behavior and polarization"
- Based on data from the Youth Participatory Politics Survey Project, United States, 2013 and 2015 Panel Data
Be sure to explore these publications as well as all of those in our bibliography from 2020. Did you publish findings from your analysis of CivicLEADS data? Be sure to let our bibliography staff know!
Dec 18, 2020