AERA Funding Opportunities for Education Dissertation Research
The American Educational Research Association is offering two funding opportunities to support education graduate students' dissertation research. CivicLEADS would like to encourage users to apply for funds for research analyzing CivicLEADS-archived data.
- The Fellowship Program aims to provide support for doctoral dissertation research, to advance education research by outstanding minority graduate students, and to enhance these students competitiveness for academic appointments at major research universities. It supports fellows conducting education research and provides mentoring, capacity building activities, and guidance toward the completion of their doctoral studies.
- Proposal Deadline: Monday, November 16, 2020
- The program supports highly competitive dissertation research using rigorous quantitative methods to examine large-scale, education-related data.
- Extended Deadline: December 15, 2020
CivicLEADS staff is happy to help users identify data to answer their research questions. We may also be able to connect you with established researchers who are willing to read draft proposals. Feel free to contact us: email@example.com
Potential datasets for dissertation research include:
- Large-scale quantitative: International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2009
- Mixed methods: Stanford Civic Purpose Project: Longitudinal Study of Youth Civic Engagement in California, 2011-2013
- Social network analysis: Changing Climates of Conflict: A Social Network Experiment in 56 Schools, New Jersey, 2012-2013
Oct 9, 2020