CivicLEADS Year in Review
It has been a busy 2018 here at CivicLEADS! Here are just a few highlights from the past year:
- As the new year transitioned, we welcomed Dr. Veronica Terriquez as our newest Advisory Committee member.
- Look at all these data! In the last 12 months, CivicLEADS released (in order of release date):
- Youth Participatory Politics Survey Project, 2013
- Political Engagement Project (PEP), 2003-2005 [United States]
- The Civic Network: A Comparative Study of the Use of Social Media for Enhancing Young People's Political Engagement, Australia, United Kingdom, & United States, 2013
- The Civic and Political Health of the Nation [United States], 2002
- Processes Influencing Democratic Ownership and Participation (PIDOP) in nine European Countries, 2009-2012
- International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2009
- International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, 2016
- Youth Participatory Politics Survey Project, United States, 2013 and 2015 Panel Data
- Connecting people and data through data trainings and webinars:
- We joined Drs. Heather Malin and William Damon of the Stanford Center on Adolescence to present a professional development course at the 2018 American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting on April 16, 2018: Mixed Methods Data from the Stanford Civic Purpose Study.
- ICPSR presented "Data: Powered by You" as ICPSR's 2018 Data Fair (check out the videos on ICPSR's YouTube Channel).
- CivicLEADS partnered with IEA to present a data training webinar: International Civic and Citizenship Studies Data for Secondary Analysis (see video below).
From all of us at CivicLEADS, we wish all of you a happy and data-filled New Year. Please let us know if there is any way we can support your research in 2019!
Dec 21, 2018