- How do I access ICPSR data if I am not at a member institution?
- How can I get the non-restricted version of a restricted dataset?
- The dataset I wish to analyze is restricted. What do I have to do to get the data?
- I'm trying to download data, but I'm not getting any data files. Why can't I download data?
- What do I do if I'm having trouble logging in with my MyData Account? What about changing my email address or password?
- How do I decompress the files I download from your site?
- The files I'm attempting to download are so large that my download never finishes. What can I do?
- Can I select multiple datasets for a download? What about multiple stat packages?
- I downloaded data from your site, but my statistics application issues an error message that the file cannot be found.
The Find and Apply for Restricted Data Using the IDARS System tutorial provides step by step instructions on accessing and using the ICPSR Data Agreement Request System (IDARS). The tutorial includes answers to many frequently asked questions that NAHDAP has encountered.
ICPSR has a number of video presentations on YouTube that address a variety of topics including an overview of NAHDAP, creating a MyData account, and step by step instructions on using and troubleshooting setup files for the SAS, SPSS, and Stata statistical packages.
You may encounter unfamiliar acronyms and specialized terms used in the social sciences. These resources can provide clear definitions: