NACDA Steering Committee
The Charge of the Steering Committee from Archiving and Sharing of Longitudinal Data Resources on Aging (U24) FOA:
A Steering Committee will serve as the main governing board for the cooperative agreement funded to support the FACTORS in Aging application. Each full member will have one vote.
- (Chair) Ken Ferraro, Ph.D. – Committee Chair
Director of Center on Aging and the Life Course at Purdue University
- Jennifer Ailshire, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Gerontology and Sociology at USC Leonard Davis
- Margaret Gatz, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Gerontology and Preventive Medicine at the University of Southern California
- Peter A. Lichtenberg, Ph.D.
Director of the Institute of Gerontology and the Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute at Wayne State University
- Barry Radler, Ph.D.
Researcher, Institute on Aging at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- George Rebok, Ph.D.
Professor, Johns Hopkins University
- Linda Waite, Ph.D.
Director of Center on Aging at NORC
The Steering Committee will:
- Review the scientific design, policies, procedures and methods to ensure wide sharing of NIA-funded data resources, adherence to best practices in documentation, and concern for confidentiality.
- Solicit feedback from data users as well as data producers.
- Recommend priorities for intensive efforts on particular data resources.
- Identify a member who will schedule the time for, and prepare, concise (maximum 3 to 4 page) summaries of, the Steering Committee meetings, which will be delivered to members of the group within 30 days after each meeting.
- The Steering Committee will meet once a year with intermittent conference calls as needed.