2018-02-15 The citation of this study may have changed due to the new version control system that has been implemented. The previous citation was:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics. National Corrections Reporting Program, 1983. ICPSR08363-v2. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2010-04-23. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR08363.v2
2010-04-23 The entire NCRP series is being re-released in restricted format.
2006-01-18 File SA8363.ALL was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
2006-01-18 File CB8363.ALL.PDF was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
2006-01-18 File SP8363.ALL was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
1997-08-01 The data have been checked for wild or invalid
codes, and the codebook and SAS and SPSS data definition statements
now document these codes. In addition, the codebook is now available
as a PDF file only, and the variable and value labels have been
expanded. The data file comprising the former Part 1, which was a
concatenation of Parts 2, 3, and 4, has been removed and the parts
have been renumbered.
1986-06-06 ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Performed consistency checks.
- Standardized missing values.
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.