2018-02-15 The citation of this study may have changed due to the new version control system that has been implemented. The previous citation was:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics. National Corrections Reporting Program, 1990. ICPSR06141-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2010-04-23. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06141.v1
2010-04-23 The entire NCRP series is being re-released in restricted format.
2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 6 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 5 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 4 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
1997-08-01 The data have been checked for wild or invalid
codes, and the codebook and SAS and SPSS data definition statements
now document these codes. In addition, the codebook is now available
as a PDF file only, and the variable and value labels have been
1993-12-18 ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Performed consistency checks.
- Standardized missing values.
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.