Mulvey, Edward P. Research on Pathways to Desistance [Maricopa County, AZ and Philadelphia County, PA]: Release Measures, 2000-2010 [Restricted]. ICPSR34488-v2. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2014-01-09. https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR34488.v2
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR34488.v2
- RIS (generic format for RefWorks, EndNote, etc.)
- EndNote XML (EndNote X4.0.1 or higher)
Unit of Observation:
Youths 14-19 years of age from the juvenile and adult court systems in Maricopa County (Phoenix), Arizona, and Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania from November 2000 to April 2003.
Data Collection Notes:
More information about the Pathways series is available on the Pathways to Desistance Web site.
Other contributors to the Pathways to Desistance study:
- Carol A. Schubert, University of Pittsburgh (Study Director)
- Laurie Chassin, Ph.D., Arizona State University (Co-Investigator)
- George P. Knight, Ph.D., Arizona State University (Co-Investigator)
- Sandra Losoya, Ph.D., Arizona State University (Site Coordinator)
- Laurence Steinberg, Ph.D., Temple University (Co-Investigator)
- Robert Brame, Ph.D., University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- Elizabeth Cauffman, Ph.D., University of California-Irvine (Co-Investigator)
- Jeffrey Fagan, Ph.D., Columbia University
- Alex Piquero, Ph.D., Florida State University
There are multiple ID variables in the dataset serving different purposes.
- LINEID: A variable to order the dataset and return the file to its original order.
- R0CASEID: Original variable created by the principal investigator which is a combination of CASEID and INTNUM.
- CASEID: The subject's assigned ID number used throughout the Pathway's studies.
- INTNUM: The ordered interview number of the subject.
Mode of Data Collection:
computer-assisted personal interview (CAPI)
Presence of Common Scales:
This study used multiple scales. More detailed information about the scales is available on the Constructs page of the Pathways to Desistance Web site.