The Bibliography of Data-related Literature is a continuously-updated database of thousands of citations of works using data held in the ICPSR and NACDA archive. The works include journal articles, books, book chapters, government and agency reports, working papers, dissertations, conference papers, meeting presentations, unpublished manuscripts, magazine and newspaper articles, and audiovisual materials.
Find an Article or Author
Find a Study and its Related Literature
Enter a study title, study number, or principal investigator name.
Select a result, and then select "View related literature" for a bibliography of publications based on that study.
Browse by Author
Browse by Journal Title
Benefits of the Bibliography
The bibliography facilitates literature searches by social scientists, students, journalists, policymakers, and funding agencies. They use it to
- Identify much of the research that has already been undertaken in an area
- Replicate analyses of data
- Avoid duplicating analysis that has already bee done
- Identify cross-disciplinary implications and uses of the data
The bibliography is also valuable for studying data as intellectual output. It allows investigators to
- Study how data resources are used
- Conduct citations analyses
- Investigate the life cycle of data
- Learn more about methodological issues, some of which are covered solely in the published literature
If you have published using NACDA data, or wish to send us comments or questions, please email email@example.com