UWE-Bristol, UK, Announces 2014 Qualitative Research International Summer School ProgramThe University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, UK, will provide its Qualitative Research International Summer School from 28 July to 1 August 2014. Workshops will be offered on qualitative research "from start to finish" -- theoretical foundations, design, methods of data collection and analysis (interviews, focus groups, TA, IPA, DA, CA, GT, CAQDAS, action and narrative research), quality, and communicating findings.
Lead tutors are Virginia Braun (University of Auckland, Aotearoa/New Zealand) and Victoria Clarke (UWE), authors of Successful Qualitative Research and Using Thematic Analysis in Psychology, and Nikki Hayfield (UWE).
Other expert tutors will be from UWE and other UK universities. They include:
- Adrian Coyle, University of Surrey, editor of Analysing Qualitative Data in Psychology.
- Sonja Ellis, Sheffield Hallam University, author of LGBTQ Psychology.
- Hannah Frith, University of Brighton, editor of Critical Bodies.
- Kate Gleeson, research director of the Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Surrey.
- Brett Smith, Loughborough University, author of Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences.
- Christina Silver, University of Surrey, CAQDAS networking project manager and author of Using Software in Qualitative Research.
- Leah Tomkins, University of Middlesex, author of numerous papers on Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis.
- Sally Wiggins, University of Strathclyde, editor of Discursive Research in Practice.
Qualitative Research International Summer School Program
28 July-1 August 2014
There are 3 parallel workshops on each day of the Summer School. Book a place for 1 day, 2 days, or the full week (select from the parallel workshops, so you attend those that best suit your needs and interests).
Monday 28 July
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Introduction to Action Research
- Introduction to Narrative Research
Tuesday 29 July
- Introduction to Qualitative Interviewing
- Introduction to Focus Groups
- Introduction to Grounded Theory
Wednesday 30 July
- Introduction to Conversation Analysis
- Wed 30-Thur 31 Thematic Analysis 2-Day 'Master class'
- Wed 30-Thur 31 Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis 2-Day 'Master class'
Thursday 31 July
- Introduction to Discourse Analysis
Friday 1 August
- Communicating Qualitative Research
- Quality and Rigor in Qualitative Research
- Introduction to Computer-Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis (CAQDAS)
For further info and to book now, visit the Qualitative Research International Summer School Program web page (http://go.uwe.ac.uk/QualitativeSummerSchool).
For queries about course content and suitability, please contact: Nikki2.Hayfield@uwe.ac.uk or Victoria.Clarke@uwe.ac.uk.
You can also view other membership announcements.