Age and Attitudes about the Rights of Homosexuals: A Data-Driven Learning Guide Go to Resource
The issue of same-sex marriage is just one of several that help to illustrate the ongoing struggle of homosexuals to claim equality in civil rights. Part of the problem faced by homosexuals rests in levels of public support for certain legal rights for homosexuals. We will consider attitudes toward three different rights: same-sex marriage; legal adoption of a child by homosexuals; and homosexuals being allowed to teach in public schools.
This guide will examine trends in attitudes regarding the rights of homosexuals in the United States from the early 1990s through 2007. Frequencies, crosstabs, and comparison of means tests will be used for the analyses.
This publication is related to the following dataset(s):
This resource is available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Because you are not logged in, we cannot verify that you will be able to access this resource.
- Alwin, Duane F.; Krosnick, Jon A.. Aging, Cohorts, and the Stability of Sociopolitical Orientations Over the Life Span
- Alwin, Duane F.; McCammon, Ryan J.. Aging versus cohort interpretations of intercohort differences in GSS vocabulary scores
- Brewer, Paul R.. Values, Political Knowledge, and Public Opinion about Gay Rights: A Framing-Based Account
- Gibson, James L.; Tedin, Kent L.. The Etiologyof Intolerance of Homosexual Politics
- Green, Donald P.; Gerber, Alan S.; Boef, Suzanna L. de. Tracking opinion over time: A method for reducing sampling error
- Jennings, M. Kent. Political knowledge over time and across generations
- Jones, Bradford S.; Norrander, Barbara. The reliability of aggregated public opinion measures
- Kluegel, James R.; Mason, David S.; Wegener, Bernd. Social Justice and Political Change: Public Opinion in Capitalist and Post-Communist States
- Lewis, Gregory B.. Black-white differences in attitudes toward homosexuality and gay rights
- Loftus, Jeni. America's liberalization in attitudes toward homosexuality, 1973 to 1998
- Rimmerman, Craig A; Wilcox, Clyde. The Politics of Same-Sex Marriage
- Rohrschneider, Robert. The roots of public opinion toward new social movements: An empirical test of competing explanations
- Smith, Tom W.. A report: The sexual revolution?
- Steeh, Charlotte; Krysan, Maria. Affirmative action and the public, 1970-1995
- Wilson, Thomas C.. Cohort and prejudice: Whites' attitudes toward blacks, Hispanics, Jews, and Asians
- Yang, Alan S.. Attitudes toward homosexuality