Educational Attainment: A Data-Driven Learning Guide
Educational attainment is a key concept for social scientists interested in social inequality, social mobility, and class. Educational attainment is closely related to occupation and income, with many better-paying jobs requiring a college degree or other advanced study. Thus, group differences in educational attainment are usually indicative of group differences in other areas of social life.
The goal of this module is to explore the relationship between demographic characteristics and educational attainment. Frequencies and comparison of means will be used.
This publication is related to the following dataset(s):
This resource is available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Because you are not logged in, we cannot verify that you will be able to access this resource.
- (author unknown). Educational Attainment
- Acs, Gregory; Danziger, Sheldon. Educational attainment, industrial structure, and male earnings through the 1980s
- Berktold, Jennifer; Geis, Sonya; Kaufman, Phillip. Subsequent Educational Attainment of High School Dropouts
- Betts, Julian R.. The Impact of School Resources on Women's Earnings and Educational Attainment: Findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Young Women
- Beutel, Ann M.; Axinn, William G.. Gender, social change, and educational attainment
- Biblarz, Timothy J.; Raftery, Adrian E.. Family structure, educational attainment, and socioeconomic success: Rethinking the 'pathology of matriarchy'
- Blake, Judith. Number of Siblings and Educational Attainment
- Boggess, Scott. Family Structure, Economic Status, and Educational Attainment
- Butler, Amy C.. The Effect of Welfare Guarantees on Children's Educational Attainment
- Cameron, Stephen V.; Heckman, James J.. The dynamics of educational attainment for Black, Hispanic, and White males
- Cohan, Yinon; Zach, Tzippi; Chiswick, Barry R.. The educational attainment of immigrants: Changes over time
- Crystal, Stephen; Shea, Dennis; Krishnaswami, Shreeram. Educational Attainment, Occupational History, and Stratification: Determinants of Later-Life Economic Outcomes
- Day, Jennifer Cheeseman; Newburger, Eric C.. The Big Payoff: Educational Attainment and Synthetic Estimates of Work-Life Earnings
- Day, Jennifer; Curry, Andrea. Educational Attainment in the United States: March 1997
- Dobson, Coretta D.; Houseknecht, Sharon K.. Black and white differences in the effect of women's educational attainment on age at first marriage
- Donato, Katharine M.; Wojtkiewicz, Roger A.. The educational attainment of U.S. Puerto Ricans
- Gang, Ira N.; Zimmermann, Klaus F.. Is child like parent? Educational attainment and ethnic origin
- Gill, Andrew M.; Foley, Jack. Predicting Educational Attainment for a Minor Child: Some Further Evidence
- Hendricks, Lutz. Why Does Educational Attainment Differ Across U.S. States?
- Jacobs, Jerry A.; Stoner-Eby, Scott. Adult enrollment and educational attainment
- Jasinski, Jan L.. Beyond high school: An examination of Hispanic educational attainment
- Jonsson, Jan O.; Mills, Colin. Social class and educational attainment in historical perspective: A Swedish-English comparison part I
- Jonsson, Jan O.; Mills, Colin. Social class and educational attainment in historical perspective: A Swedish-English comparison part II
- Keith, Verna M.; Finlay, Barbara. The Impact of Parental Divorce on Children's Educational Attainment, Marital Timing, and Likelihood of Divorce
- Kominski, Robert; Adams, Andrea. Educational attainment in the United States: March 1993 and 1992
- Krein, Sheila Fitzgerald; Beller, Andrea H.. Educational Attainment of Children From Single-Parent Families: Differences by Exposure, Gender, and Race
- Kuo, Hsiang-Hui Daphne; Hauser, Robert M.. Gender, Family Configuration, and the Effect of Family Background on Educational Attainment
- Lehrer, Evelyn L.. Religion as a determinant of educational attainment: An economic perspective
- List, Jill H.; Wolfle, Lee M.. The Effect of Father's Presence on Postsecondary Educational Attainment among Whites and Blacks
- Ludwig, Jens. Information and inner city educational attainment
- Mare, Robert D.. Educational Stratification on Observed and Unobserved Components of Family Background
- Mayer, Susan E.. How did the increase in economic inequality between 1970 and 1990 affect children's educational attainment?
- Mayer, Susan E.. How economic segregation affects children's educational attainment
- Menning, Chadwick L.. Absent parents are more than money: The joint effect of activities and financial support on youths' educational attainment
- Miech, R.A.; Hauser, R.M.. Socioeconomic status and health at midlife. A comparison of educational attainment with occupatio-based indicators
- Muller, Chandra; Schiller, Kathryn S.. Leveling the playing field? Students' educational attainment and states' performance testing
- Newburger, Eric C.; Curry, Andrea. Educational Attainment in the United States: Population Characteristics, March 1999
- Nixon, Lucia A.; Robinson, Michael D.. The educational attainment of young women: Role model effects of female high school faculty
- Register, Charles A.; Williams, Donald R.; Grimes, Paul W.. Adolescent Drug Use and Educational Attainment
- Rumbaut, Ruben G.. Turning points in the transition to adulthood: Determinants of educational attainment, incarceration, and early childbearing among children of immigrants
- Sandefur, Gary D.; Wells, Thomas. Does family structure really influence educational attainment?
- Sherkat, Darren E.; Darnell, Alfred. The effect of parents' fundamentalism on children's educational attainment: Examining differences by gender and children's fundamentalism
- Smith, A. Wade. Educational attainment as a determinant of social class among black Americans
- Smock, Pamela J.. Remarriage patterns of black and white women: Reassessing the role of educational attainment
- Taubman, Paul. Role of Parental Income in Educational Attainment
- Teachman, Jay D.; Call, Vaughn R.A.. The effect of military service on educational, occupational, and income attainment
- Vargas, C.M.; Ingram, D.D.; Gillum, R.F.. Incidence of hypertension and educational attainment: the NHANES I epidemiologic followup study. First National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- Wight, Richard G.; Aneshensel, Carol S.; Seeman, Teresa E.. Educational attainment, continued learning experience, and cognitive function among older men
- Wirt, John. Educational Attainment
- Wirt, John. Employment by Young Adults, by Educational Attainment
- Wojtkiewicz, Roger A.; Donato, Katharine M.. Hispanic educational attainment: The effects of family background and nativity
- Wolfle, Lee M.. Postsecondary educational attainment among whites and blacks
- Zsembik, Barbara A.; Llanes, Daniel. Generational Differences in Educational Attainment Among Mexican Americans