FAQ: Payment Options
Frequently requested information about direct payments, invoices, third-party payers, refunds, and discounts:
Can you send me an invoice?
Contact our financial manager via email@example.com to request an invoice.
I plan to pay by personal check. What is the proper postal address?
Your personal check should be payable to the ICPSR Summer Program with the title of your workshop noted on the memo line of the check.
If the check is from a third party, include the name of the participant and the title of his or her workshop on a separate piece of paper. Use the postal address below.
Attn: Fillippo Stargell
ICPSR Summer Program
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1248
What must I pay if I withdraw my registration?
Session I and/or Session II
To receive a full refund for a four- or eight-week registration:
- Drop your entire workshop selection under drop/add.
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Withdraw/Request Refund" at least two weeks prior and no later than 7:00 a.m. EDT of the first day of the Session I and/or Session II.
Workshop fees are not refunded if the withdrawal request is received after 5:00 p.m. EDT on the first Friday of Session I and/or Session ll.
3-5 Day Workshops
To receive a full refund for a 3-5 day workshop:
- Drop your registration under drop/add.
- Send a message to email@example.com with the subject line "withdraw/request refund" at least 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
After 8:00 a.m. EDT of the first day of a workshop, 3-5 day workshop fees are non-refundable.
Participants who have received a discounted fee for a registration in two statistical short workshops who drop one statistical workshop must pay the balance of the full fee for the remaining workshop.
I must pay for my Summer Program workshop selection by bank wire. How do I do that?
First contact firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: Financial Manager to let us know that you will be using this method of payment. Then visit your local bank to request a wire transfer of funds to the ICPSR Summer Program at the University of Michigan.
The following information is required by the University of Michigan financial operations in order to process a wire transfer:
Bank Name: Bank of America
Bank Address: 2600 Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48084
ABA/Routing Number: 026-009-593
SWIFT Bank Identifier Code: BOFAUS3N
Account number: 54011-25777
Account name: The Regents of the University of Michigan EFT Depository
- You must identify "ICPSR" as the "Beneficiary" on the wire transfer form.
- You must include the participant's full name on the wire/bank transfer.
- The wire transfer fee is the responsibility of the sender: If you fail to pay the transfer fee that same amount is deducted from the funds sent; your payment will be incomplete.
- To avoid delay in reconciling your wire transfer, email email@example.com, Attn: Financial Manager with the total amount of your transfer, the bank name and the date sent.
My credit card has a monthly limit; can I pay my workshop fee in installments?
Yes, you can make payments in increments. It's helpful if you let us know ahead of time, so please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment by installment for Session I and/or Session II must be completed by/or on the day of "Orientation check-in".
- Payment by installment for a short workshop should be completed two weeks in advance of the start date of the workshop.
I paid my account some time ago, but now when I log in I see a balance is due. Whom should I talk to it about this?
Please send a message to email@example.com. Your question indicates the problem may be an inadvertently created duplicate account. We will look into it and get back to you shortly.
What kinds of discounts will the Summer Program offer this year?
Our discounts are described on the registration page, below the table of the Fee Schedule.
The Summer Program early discount deadline is May 1. If the Summer Program receives my payment on May 1, as opposed to April 30, will I still receive the discount?
No. Payments made on May 1 do not receive the early discount fee. Please see the 2014 Fee Schedule on our registration page for a list of registration fees paid before May 1 and beginning May 1.
I made my workshop selection early in order to qualify for the discounted fee for a payment made before May 1. My department will be funding me, and those funds won't be available until after your discount deadline. Can my school still qualify for the discount rate?
Yes. Have your academic department administrator, or the administrative contact for your professional organization, request an invoice at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1 with Attn: Financial Manager. The discounted rate is confirmed for invoices requested and received prior to May 1.
Thanks for visiting our FAQ section. The Visitor Information section has additional information you may find useful.
Please feel free to contact us with other questions or to suggest other information we should provide on the website.