open all - close all - printer-friendly version

FAQ: Documents of Summer Program Involvement

Frequently requested information about certificates of participation, grade equivalency, and other documents:

Can I receive academic credit for Summer Program workshops at my home university?

This is a decision only your home department can make. We can provide you with a grade letter memorandum, which verifies your corresponding level of participation. Request a grade memorandum from your instructor ahead of time; plan on completing all homework assignments and exams. The memorandum indicates the grade you would have achieved had your workshop(s) been admissible for credit.

I am applying to graduate programs. Can the Summer Program send me a letter of recommendation?

No. But we can supply you with a grade letter memorandum for your application to a graduate program.

I am applying to graduate programs. I need to mail my grade letter to several universities. What is the cost for the Summer Program to do that for me?

We encourage you to submit an electronic version of the official ICPSR Summer Program grade letter memorandum mentioned above to the various schools to which you are applying.

I previously attended the Summer Program and have lost or require additional certification. Is that possible, and what is the cost?

There is no charge for this service.

Please send a note to with your complete name, the year you participated, and a mailing address. Also, state whether you need hard copy or an electronic file.

Thanks for visiting our FAQ section. The Visitor Information section has additional information you may find useful.

Please feel free to contact us with other questions or to suggest other information we should provide on the website.

Found a problem? Use our Report Problem form to let us know.