How do I find a list of all studies deposited by researchers from my institution?
- First, log in on the ICPSR Find & Analyze Data site.
- Then click on the view all studies link.
- On the lower left, there are now OR- and Staff-Only filters. One of those is investigator affiliation. Just click on the view all link beside "Affiliation."
- Now just go through the list and click on your institution. You will now see a list of all studies deposited by researchers from your institution. Please note there's an export option that can send these results to a comma-delimited file, which could easily be pulled into Excel for a tidier report.
We made this utility available to ORs on 2013-10-29, so we haven't polished it up a lot. Some caveats about this system:
- Data entry errors will result in multiple entries for the same institution. We're in the process of cleaning this up, but it's not a small task. You will most likely need to export a few delimited files from different result sets and combine them in Excel.
- As you will see in the list, the system wasn't built to gracefully handle researchers who list multiple affiliations, nor does it do a great job of handling departments within a particular university.
- There are a bunch of entries listed under "The." We have not been able to correct faceting for entries that begin with "The." This is a persistent issue we're having with our search engine (SOLR), and there isn't a good fix currently.
We are working on tidying the affiliations. If you need a particular item fixed quickly, email email@example.com.