One of the main tenets of ICPSR's mission is to provide open and equitable access to all users. If you are having any problems accessing information on the ICPSR Web site, or if you have suggestions for improving our accessibility, please email us at email@example.com.
- All ICPSR Web pages comply with the U.S. Federal Government's Section 508 Standards, specifically the sixteen rules governing Web-based intranet and internet information and applications.
- All static html pages have had a doctype declared and are free of syntax errors.
- Whenever possible, links are written to make sense out of context. Many browsers (such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera) can extract the list of links on a page and allow the user to browse the list, separately from the page.
- There are no links that open new windows without warning.
- All images used to display meaningful content include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Some of our help documentation features screen captures. These screen captures serve to augment the written instructions. The instructions are still understandable if the screen captures cannot be viewed.
- All of our help videos and webinars are hosted on YouTube, and captions are provided.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
Acronyms and abbreviations
Due to its technical nature, the ICPSR website makes use of many acronyms and abbreviations. A complete list of all the acronyms and abbreviations used on this website is available.