Analyze Data Online with SDA
Users can perform online data analysis on our website without downloading files. RCMD currently offers online analysis components for selected data collections using Survey Documentation Analysis (SDA).
Please note that most of RCMD's online analysis components are available only to ICPSR members.
Online data analysis allows users to:
- Search for variables of interest in a dataset
- Review frequencies or summary statistics of key variables to determine what further analyses are appropriate
- Review frequencies or summary statistics for missing data
- Produce simple summary statistics for reports
- Create statistical tables and charts from raw data
- Create a subset of cases or variables from a large collection to save time and storage space when downloading to a personal computer
- Browse the electronic codebook
More About Survey Documentation and Analysis (SDA)
RCMD offers a selection of data collections for online data analysis using the Survey Documentation and Analysis (SDA) system developed and maintained by the Computer-Assisted Survey Methods Program at the University of California, Berkeley. For more information, visit the SDA website which also has full documentation on SDA.
An Overview of SDA and Its Features
For more information on SDA, please refer to this video tutorial.