We collect no information about you, other than information automatically collected and stored (see below) when you visit our website.
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
When you browse through any website, certain personal information about you can be collected. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The IP address of the computer you used to access our website (for example, 220.127.116.11). This IP address is often translated into a domain name such as aol.com, if you are using an America Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connnecting from Stanford University's domain.
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you visited
- The address of the website you came from when you visited our site
- The operating system of your computer
- The version and type of Web browser you use when you visit our website
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
Please note that some studies distributed by this institution contain sensitive data, or are acquired with specific contractual obligations, that require us to share identifying usage information with funding agencies and/or the principal investigators. If you wish to acquire those data, you will be asked to provide additional information.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.