Join our Email list
Help With Datasets
- How do I decompress the files I download from your site?
- What kind of documentation do you provide, and in what formats?
- What is a codebook?
- What kind of data formats does the archive distribute? Do you have SPSS Portable files? SAS transport? Stata?
- How do I interpret a record from an ASCII data file?
- How do I use a SAS setup file to import ASCII data?
- How do I use an SPSS setup file to import ASCII data?
- How do I use a Stata setup file to import ASCII data?
ICPSR has a number of video presentations on YouTube that address a variety of topics, including how to edit a setup file to read an accompanying ascii data file, using SDA,, and exploring and sharing data. These tutorials are meant to guide users through more complicated tasks associated with social science data research.
Contact ICPSR User Support
User support staff are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday to Friday. Contact us if you cannot find the answer to your question on this site. Our goal is to respond to inquiries on the same day they are received.