Webinars & Presentations
Using the MET LDB Video Data: Access, Scoring, and Linking
This is the first in a series of four webinars discussing the rich and complex quantitative and video data held within the Measures of Effective Teaching Longitudinal Database (MET LDB) at ICPSR, available now for secondary analysis. This presentation offers an introduction to the secure video player, including logistics of selecting and streaming video files, logistics of video scoring, and linking videos to the associated quantitative data. Unique confidentiality concerns inherent in video data and strategies for mitigating risk are also discussed.
You can also download the associated slides. The webinar was broadcast May 22, 2014.
ICPSR has prepared a number of video tutorials about MET data available on YouTube. In addition, the American Educational Research Association and MET LDB staff prepared an introductory video on MET (site requires you create a free account).
MET Early Career Grants Webinars
An introduction for potential grantees to the scope of the MET project and the data collected. The grants program has ended, but the recordings are provided here for informational purposes.
- Measures of Effective Teaching Early Career Grants Program, Part 1
- Measures of Effective Teaching Early Career Grants Program, Part 2
- Measures of Effective Teaching Early Career Grants Program, Part 3
Using the MET LDB
A webinar series offering descriptions and discussion of various facets of the MET LDB.
- Using the MET LDB Video Data: Access, scoring, and linking
- Random Assignment in the MET LDB
- MET Early Career Grantees: Research Projects Underway and Preliminary Findings
- Video Data Within the MET LDB: Video Capture, Scoring Protocols, and Measures Used
MET LDB Lecture Series
A series of three lectures providing in-depth discussion of complex facets of the MET LDB, given by faculty with experience using the database for secondary analysis.