What is MyData?
MyData is one login option for access to SAMHDA's R-DAS (?). It is a user registration and authentication system for archives within ICPSR. The system creates a more secure environment for users and enables them to sign up for ICPSR services. MyData has the following user-friendly features:
- Uses an email address as a login ID
- Requires a password to authenticate to the Web site
- Allows users to create an account and set preferences
- Allows registered users to reset a forgotten password
- Enables users to view prior download history
- Allows users to subscribe to an update notification service; the service sends emails to users when a study they've downloaded has been updated
Do I have to establish a MyData account?
Users who wish to analyze restricted-use data available on the R-DAS may either establish a MyData account or log in using their Facebook or Google account. When a user creates a new account, s/he will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire about user preferences.