What is faceted searching? How does it work?
The SAMHDA Web site provides enhanced searching using the Solr search platform. Solr offers the following advantages:
- Faceted searching;
- No limit on the number of results;
- Date searching of multiple fields; and
- Same rules for Data, Reports & Publications, and Variable searches.
Faceted searching offers:
- Easy shifting between refining and expanding search results;
- Reduced likelihood of hitting a "no results found" page as facets provide an indicator of the size of your result set; and
- Seamless integration with keyword searching.
For more on SAMHDA’s search options, see the FAQ "How do I search SAMHDA's holdings for datasets or particular variables?"