New Study Home Page and Download Page
Study Home Page
In order to enable users to quickly and easily evaluate whether or not a particular study meets their needs, SAMHDA has implemented a new study home page, which features:
- Concise summary of study
- Emphasis of key points, such as data being restricted
- Full listing all options for next steps (examine related materials, download, get more information, perform online analysis, etc.)
The standard setup provides links to all options for the study. SAMHDA has structured the page to follow the traditional research model, such that one first looks over the study description for additional details, peruses the PDF documentation, and then downloads the files for further analysis. In addition, users can search/browse the variables.
We've also made some significant improvements to the download page.
- No more "data cart" as users only download one study at a time
- Visual indication of which datasets have which formats
- Warning about data that are restricted
- Table-based display
ADSS is a good example of how the table-based design works. The first row enables the user to download formats for all datasets, or s/he can choose a particular format for a dataset, or s/he can choose all files for a dataset. This example also indicates that Stata isn't available for all datasets in this study. You can see some explanatory notes off to the right-hand side. For studies with restricted data, you'll note the warning blurb above the data, and the exact details of those restrictions will be listed below the table.