New: TEDS: Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS)
2007 TEDS-Discharges (TEDS-D)
The data and documentation files for the 2007 TEDS-D are now available for download, online analysis, and uick Tables. TEDS Quick Tables have been expanded to include new tables and variables. Changes to the data this year consist of the following:
- Clients 11 years old and younger are excluded from the dataset.
- Puerto Rico now has its own category for Census Region and Division. Clients in Puerto Rico were formerly classified into the South Census Region and South Atlantic Census Division.
- The state FIPS (STFIPS) variable is retained and a second state variable was dropped to reduce redundancy.
- Value labels and question text are better aligned with the TEDS State Instruction Manual for Discharge Data.
- The variable RACE is no longer recoded. Codes for (a) Asian (code 13) and (b) Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (code 23) are now retained. Previously these codes were combined into a single code (c), Asian or Pacific Islander (code 3). Each state may report any of the three codes. Therefore, all three codes remain in the data, unchanged from the way they are collected by the states.
The 2007 TEDS Discharges report is currently estimated for release by the Office of Applied Studies (OAS) at the end of March or in early April. The report will be linked from the TEDS page on the OAS Web site when it is released.