Juvenile Court Statistics, 1987: [United States] (ICPSR 6119)
Principal Investigator(s): National Center for Juvenile Justice
This data collection describes in quantitative terms the volume of juvenile cases disposed in 1987 by courts having jurisdiction over juvenile matters (delinquency, status offense, and dependency cases). Inaugurated in 1926 to furnish an index of the problems brought before the juvenile courts, this series is the oldest continuous source of information on the processing of delinquent and dependent youth by juvenile courts. Information is provided on state, county, number of delinquency cases by sex, number of status offense cases by sex, number of dependency cases by sex, and total number of cases by sex.
Series: Juvenile Court Statistics Series
These data are available to the general public.
This dataset is maintained and distributed by the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD), the criminal justice archive within ICPSR. NACJD is primarily sponsored by three agencies within the U.S. Department of Justice: the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the National Institute of Justice, and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
National Center for Juvenile Justice. Juvenile Court Statistics, 1987: [United States]. ICPSR06119-v1. ICPSR06119-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2003. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06119.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06119.v1
This study was funded by:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (85-JN-CX-0012, 92-JN-CX-0001)
Scope of Study
Geographic Coverage: United States
Universe: All delinquency and dependency/neglect cases disposed in 1987 by courts having jurisdiction over juvenile matters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Data Types: aggregate data
Sample: A nonprobability sample of all delinquency, status offense, and dependency cases disposed in 1987.
Juvenile Court Statistics survey forms, annual reports, automated data files
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1994-03-10
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- 2003-06-09 SAS and SPSS data definition statements were created for this collection.
Related Publications (?)
- List all ~20 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)