ANES 1974 Time Series Study (ICPSR 7355)
Alternate Title: American National Election Study, 1974
Principal Investigator(s): Miller, Warren, University of Michigan. Institute for Social Research. Center for Political Studies; Miller, Arthur, University of Michigan. Institute for Social Research. Center for Political Studies
This study is part of a time-series collection of national surveys fielded continuously since 1952. The election studies are designed to present data on Americans' social backgrounds, enduring political predispositions, social and political values, perceptions and evaluations of groups and candidates, opinions on questions of public policy, and participation in political life. Content areas covered include TV and newspaper use patterns, respondents' perceptions of issues raised in the media, and the importance of current political issues and personalities, including Watergate and the Nixon resignation and pardon.
Miller, Warren, and Arthur Miller. ANES 1974 Time Series Study. ICPSR07355-v3. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2015-11-10. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07355.v3
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07355.v3
This study was funded by:
- National Science Foundation (SOC 75-02704)
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: candidates, congressional elections, domestic policy, economic conditions, Ford, Gerald, foreign policy, government performance, information sources, media influence, media use, national elections, Nixon Administration (1969-1974), Nixon pardon, Nixon, Richard, political affiliation, political attitudes, political campaigns, political corruption, political efficacy, political elites, political issues, political participation, presidential pardons, public approval, public opinion, resignation from office, special interest groups, trust in government, voter expectations, voter history, voting behavior, Watergate affair
Geographic Coverage: United States
Date of Collection:
Data Types: survey data
Data Collection Notes:
The SAS transport file was created using the SAS CPORT procedure.
Mode of Data Collection: face-to-face interview, self-enumerated questionnaire, telephone interview
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-06-19
- 2015-11-10 The study metadata was updated.
- 2000-03-21 The data for this study are now available in SAS transport and SPSS export formats in addition to the ASCII data file. Variables in the dataset have been renumbered to the following format: 2-digit (or 2-character) year prefix + 4 digits + [optional] 1-character suffix. Dataset ID and version variables and a PDF data collection instrument also have been added.
Related Publications (?)
- List all ~555 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)