Most of the datasets in the RCMD archive are raw data from surveys, censuses, and administrative records. RCMD preserves the data and in addition creates a full product suite with accompanying documentation and online tools to facilitate secondary analysis by our users.
To gain access, users must first create a MyData account (the ICPSR user registration and authentication system). The system generates a more secure environment and provides the following features:
- Employs an email address as a login ID
- Requires a password to authenticate to the website
- Allows users to create an account and set preferences
- Allows registered users to reset a forgotten password
- Enables users to view prior download history
- Enables users to subscribe to an update notification service that emails users when a study they've previously downloaded is substantially updated