What is MyData?
MyData is a user registration and authentication system for the ICPSR Web site. The system creates a more secure environment for users and enables them to sign up for services that ICPSR is developing. MyData has the following user-friendly features:
- Uses an email address as a login ID
- Requires a password to authenticate to the Web site
- Allows users to create an account and set preferences
- Allows registered users to reset a forgotten password
- Enables users to view prior download history
- Enables users to subscribe to an update notification service that emails users when a study they've previously downloaded is substantially updated
Do I have to establish a MyData account?
Users who desire to download members-only data and some publicly available data may either establish a MyData account or log in using their Facebook or Google account. When a user creates a new account, s/he will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire about user preferences. Users that do not want to share their name and contact information with the Official Representative at their member institution can request to withhold that information.