Prosecution of Felony Arrests, 1986: Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Portland, St. Louis, and Washington, DC (ICPSR 9094)
Principal Investigator(s): Boland, Barbara, Abt Associates
This data collection represents the sixth in a series of statistical reports sponsored by the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The purpose of the series is to provide statistical information on how prosecutors and the courts dispose of criminal cases involving adults arrested for felony crimes. With this purpose in mind, information was collected on items such as an individual's arrest date, sentencing date, court charge, and case disposition.
These data are freely available.
Boland, Barbara. Prosecution of Felony Arrests, 1986: Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Portland, St. Louis, and Washington, DC. ICPSR09094-v3. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2004. doi:10.3886/ICPSR09094.v3
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09094.v3
This study was funded by:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics
Scope of Study
Date of Collection:
Universe: All felony arrests disposed in 1986 in Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Portland, St. Louis, and Washington, DC.
Data Types: event/transaction data
Data Collection Notes:
This study was conducted by Abt Associates.
arrest information, and cases filed in court
Original ICPSR Release: 1989-09-26
- 2006-03-30 File CB9094.ALL.PDF was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- 2004-03-22 The data were converted from card image to logical record length format. The documentation and SPSS data definition statements were updated to reflect the new format and SAS data definition statements were prepared.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.