Legal Service Agencies, 1970 (ICPSR 7369)
These data, focusing on the effectiveness of legal service programs, were collected by the Office of Legal Services under the Office of Economic Opportunity. The data include information about each agency, its budget, and the characteristics of its clients and personnel. Evaluations of the agency's effectiveness and operation were made by a visiting observer based on consultations with staff and community members. Evaluative measures include community attitudes, agency resources, and staff competence.
The public-use data files in this collection are available for access by the general public. Access does not require affiliation with an ICPSR member institution.
Champagne, Anthony S., and Stuart Nagel. Legal Service Agencies, 1970. ICPSR07369-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1996. https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07369.v1
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07369.v1
This study was funded by:
- Office of Economic Opportunity
Scope of Study
Geographic Coverage: United States
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Standardized missing values.
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-03-18
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.