Arkansas Juvenile Court Records, 1994 (ICPSR 6883)
Principal Investigator(s): National Center for Juvenile Justice and Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts
This data collection describes in quantitative terms the volume of juvenile cases disposed in 1994 by courts having jurisdiction over juvenile matters (delinquency, status offense, and dependency cases) in Arkansas. Inaugurated in 1983, the Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts began to collect data from intake and probation departments on each case disposed during the previous calendar year. The data include a record of each case processed formally with petition and contain an individual record on each family in need of services, delinquency, or dependency/neglect case disposed.
These data are freely available.
National Center for Juvenile Justice and Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts. Arkansas Juvenile Court Records, 1994. ICPSR06883-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1994. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06883.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06883.v1
This study was funded by:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (95-JNFX-0008)
Scope of Study
Date of Collection:
Universe: Cases disposed in Arkansas courts with juvenile jurisdiction.
Data Types: event/transaction data
Sample: A census of petitioned court case records.
Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts.
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
Original ICPSR Release: 1997-10-13
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- 1997-10-13 A page explaining variable omissions was added to the codebook.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.