Principal Investigator(s): National Center for Juvenile Justice and Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts
This data collection describes in quantitative terms the volume of juvenile cases disposed by courts having jurisdiction over juvenile matters (delinquency, status offense, and dependency cases). Inaugurated in 1983, the Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts began to collect data from intake and probation departments on each case disposed during the previous calendar year. The data include a record of each case processed formally with petition for each delinquency, dependent/neglect, or family in need of services case disposed. Information is provided on county, case type, date of filing, reason for referral to the courts, and the court action.
These data are freely available.
National Center for Juvenile Justice and Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts. Arkansas Juvenile Court Records, 1991-1993. ICPSR06808-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1997. doi:10.3886/ICPSR06808.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06808.v1
This study was funded by:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (95-JNFX-0008)
Scope of Study
Date of Collection:
Universe: Cases disposed in Arkansas courts with juvenile jurisdiction.
Data Types: event/transaction data
records of the Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
Original ICPSR Release: 1998-01-16
- 2006-03-30 File SP6808.ALL was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-03-30 File SA6808.ALL was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-03-30 File CB6808.ALL.PDF was removed from any previous datasets and flagged as a study-level file, so that it will accompany all downloads.
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
Related Publications (?)
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)