Analysis of Arrests in Paris, June 1848 (ICPSR 49)
This data collection contains three files pertaining to the June 1848 insurrection in Paris and to people charged with or arrested for participation in the insurrection. The data files contain social, economic, and demographic information. Information is provided on the results of the judicial proceedings against the individual after arrest, as well as demographic characteristics of the individual, such as occupation, place of birth, sex, age, marital status, number of children, and place of residence (Part 1), the number of inhabitants arrested in connection with the rebellion, the labor force, and social characteristics of the 12 zones (arrondisements) (Part 2), and demographic and arrest information with a focus on the furnished apartments, clubs, and popular societies within the 48 quartiers (districts) existing in Paris in 1848 (Part 3).
Tilly, Charles, and Unknown. Analysis of Arrests in Paris, June 1848. ICPSR00049-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1998. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR00049.v1
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR00049.v1
Scope of Study
(1) LISTE GENERALE EN ORDER ALPHABETIQUE DES INCULPES DE JUIN 1848, (2) Pouthas, Charles H. LA POPULATION FRANCAISE PENDANT LA PREMIERE MOTIE DU XIXE SIECLES. Paris, France: Presses Universitaires de France, 1956, (3) the Chamber of Commerce Survey of Paris in 1848, and (4) the 1856 French Census
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-05-03
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 4 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)