Uniform Crime Reporting Program Data [United States]: County-Level Detailed Arrest and Offense Data, 1992 (ICPSR 6316)
Principal Investigator(s): United States Department of Justice. Federal Bureau of Investigation
This data collection contains county-level counts of arrests and offenses for Part I offenses (murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, larceny, auto theft, and arson) and Part II offenses (forgery, fraud, embezzlement, vandalism, weapons violations, sex offenses, drug and alcohol abuse violations, gambling, vagrancy, curfew violations, and runaways). Two sets of county populations are reported: one for total county population and the other for counties reporting six months or more of data.
These data are freely available.
U.S. Dept. of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation. UNIFORM CRIME REPORTING PROGRAM DATA [UNITED STATES]: COUNTY-LEVEL DETAILED ARREST AND OFFENSE DATA, 1992. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1994. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06316.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06316.v1
This study was funded by:
- United States Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: arrests, arson, assault, auto theft, burglary, counties, crime rates, crime reporting, crime statistics, drug abuse, fraud, illegal gambling, larceny, law enforcement, murder, offenses, rape, robbery, sex offenses, Uniform Crime Reports, vandalism
Geographic Coverage: United States
Date of Collection:
Universe: County law enforcement agencies in the United States.
Data Types: aggregate data
Data Collection Notes:
Data have been aggregated to the county level. Within each county, data for agencies reporting 6 to 11 months of information were weighted to yield 12-month equivalents. Agencies reporting fewer than 6 months of data were excluded from the aggregation. Data from agencies reporting only statewide figures were allocated to counties in proportion to each county's share of the state population (which totaled the populations of those county agencies reporting six months or more of data).
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Performed recodes and/or calculated derived variables.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1994-10-19
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 5 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- View publications for the study (~116)
- View publications that match your query (~1)
- View publications for the series
Top Publications that Match your Query
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.