NACJD maintains a bibliography of journal articles, reports, and other published and unpublished sources that use data from our collections. Users interested in these sources can search our Online Bibliography of Data-related Literature.
Many of these publications are available in either paper or electronic form from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service.
- View all citations
- Browse by author
- Browse by journal
- Browse by Sponsoring Agency
About the Bibliography
This database contains over 37,000 citations of published and unpublished works resulting from analyses of data held in the ICPSR archive. Developed with support from the National Science Foundation, the bibliography represents over 40 years of scholarship in the quantitative social sciences, extending from the inception of ICPSR in 1962 to the present.
In most cases, analyses of numeric data formed the foundation for the publications, although in some cases the data played a less prominent role in supporting the research. Publications include journal articles, books, book chapters, government and agency reports, working papers, dissertations, conference papers, meeting presentations, and unpublished manuscripts.
The Bibliography is updated regularly. If you know of a work that was based on ICPSR data, please send us the citation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following general publications are available from NACJD. They describe our data holdings or how to deposit data with us.
- Justice Data Learning Guides
- Resource Guides: Online guides that provide detailed information about complex or frequently-accessed data collections are available for the
following topics. Users are strongly encouraged to review the information in the relevant resource guide(s) before using these data collections.
- Annual Parole Survey and Annual Probation Survey
- Capital Punishment in the United States
- Chicago Women's Health Risk Study
- Expenditure and Employment for the Criminal Justice System
- Federal Justice Statistics Program
- Geographical Information Systems
- Homicides in Chicago
- Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics
- National Corrections Reporting Program
- National Crime Victimization Survey
- National Incident-Based Reporting System
- National Juvenile Corrections Data
- Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods (PHDCN)
- Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities
- Terrorism & Preparedness Data Resource Center (TPDRC)
- Uniform Crime Reporting Program
- Violence Against Women
- ICPSR's Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving, 5th Ed.