NACJD User Support
Knowledge Base (FAQs)
access - questions about login/password, restricted data, and member-only data
- What do I do if I'm having trouble logging in with my MyData Account? What about changing my email address or password?
- I'm trying to download data, but I'm not getting any data files. Why can't I download data?
- How can I get the non-restricted version of a restricted dataset?
- The dataset I wish to analyze is restricted. What do I have to do to get the data?
analyze - issues specific to statistical software (SAS, SPSS, Stata, R)
- What kind of data formats does the archive distribute? Do you have SPSS Portable files? SAS transport? Stata?
- What are setup files? How do I use them?
- There are no setup files available for my dataset. How do I create a setup file?
- Can I use Excel to analyze the data?
- What is R? How do I use it?
- How can I use your data with GIS software, such as ArcView or MapInfo?
- How can I use your data if I don't have access to SAS, SPSS, or Stata?
download - specific concerns related to the download process
finding - information on the search engine and other finding aids
general - other questions about data and documentation
Contact User Support
User support staff are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday to Friday. Contact us if you cannot find the answer to your question on this site. Our goal is to respond to inquiries on the same day they are received. Many of our most frequently asked questions are available as tutorials or webinars on YouTube and are always accessible.
For Questions Specific to Criminal Justice Data
Need a study converted to a different format?
You can contact User Support to inquire about the possibility of NACJD creating setup files for the study. If it is determined that we cannot create them or cannot create them within your time frame, then you are advised to seek assistance from someone on your campus with experience in the statistical package that you have chosen to use.
Alternately, we may be able to provide assistance in converting one of our studies into a statistical format other than the one in which it is offered. Generally, we offers data in SAS, Stata, and SPSS statistical packages but if one of those formats is not available for a specific study, we can convert any of these formats into any other. However, we do not typically provide data in analysis-ready formats when a setup file for the required format is offered. We offer tutorials on using setup files in all statistical packages on our YouTube Channel.
NACJD has a number of video presentations on YouTube that address a variety of topics including step by step instructions on using and troubleshooting set-up files and creating a MyData account, or using data resources in your classroom.