Census of Population and Housing, 2000 [United States]: Summary File 2, Arizona (ICPSR 13235)
Summary File 2 contains 100-percent United States decennial Census data, which is the information compiled from the questions asked of all people and about every housing unit. Population items include sex, age, race, Hispanic or Latino origin, household relationship, and group quarters occupancy. Housing items include occupancy status, vacancy status, and tenure (owner-occupied or renter- occupied). The 100-percent data are presented in 36 population tables ("PCT") and 11 housing tables ("HCT") down to the census tract level. Each table is iterated for 250 population groups: the total population, 132 race groups, 78 American Indian and Alaska Native tribe categories (reflecting 39 individual tribes), and 39 Hispanic or Latino groups. The presentation of tables for any of the 250 population groups is subject to a population threshold of 100 or more people, that is, if there were fewer than 100 people in a specific population group in a specific geographic area, their population and housing characteristics data are not available for that geographic area.
The public-use data files in this collection are available for access by the general public. Access does not require affiliation with an ICPSR member institution.
This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
WARNING: Because this study has many datasets, the download all files option has been suppressed, and you will need to download one dataset at a time.
United States Department of Commerce. Bureau of the Census. Census of Population and Housing, 2000 [United States]: Summary File 2, Arizona. ICPSR13235-v2. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2004. https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13235
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13235.v2
Scope of Study
Because of the number of files per state in Summary File 2, ICPSR has given each state its own ICPSR study number in the range ICPSR 13233-13284. Data for each state are being released as they become available.
The data are provided in four segments (files) per iteration. These segments are PCT1-PCT4, PCT5-PCT19, PCT20-PCT36, and HCT1-HCT11. The iterations are Parts 1-250, the Geographic Header file is Part 251. The Geographic Header file is in fixed-format ASCII and the Table files are in comma-delimited ASCII format. The Geographic Header file has 83 variables, Segment 01 has 224 variables, Segment 02 has 241 variables, Segment 03 has 179 variables, and Segment 04 has 142 variables. When all the segments are merged there are 849 variables.
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Created variable labels and/or value labels.
Original ICPSR Release: 2002-08-13
- 2013-05-24 Multiple Census data file segments were repackaged for distribution into a single zip archive per dataset. No changes were made to the data or documentation.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 256 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 255 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 254 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 253 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 252 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2004-11-11 The data dictionary, SAS, SPSS, and Stata data definition statements (Parts 252-255) have been corrected and the codebook, Part 256, has been updated by the Bureau of the Census.
- 2004-11-11 The SAS, SPSS, and Stata data definition statements, Parts 253-255, have been corrected. The codebook, Part 256, has been updated by the Bureau of the Census.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.