Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practice of Contraception in Taiwan: Fourth Province-Wide Fertility Survey (KAP IV), 1973 (ICPSR 6865)
The fourth of six province-wide surveys of married women in Taiwan was conducted in 1973 to add to the information previously gathered in 1965 (KAP I, ICPSR 6862), 1967 (KAP II, ICPSR 6863), and 1970 (KAP III, ICPSR 6864) regarding women's knowledge of, attitudes toward, and practice of contraception. Questions were posed regarding family relations, fertility, family planning, and family demographics. Additional detailed questions focused on contraceptive use, including types of contraception and period of time that each type was used. Another primary focus of the fourth survey was the premarital family and nonfamily experiences of both husband and wife, with questions being asked about education, employment, and living arrangements prior to marriage. Demographic information such as age, education, employment, and family history was collected for both husband and wife.
Data in this collection are available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Please log in so we can determine if you are with a member institution and have access to these data files.
This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
Sun, Te-Hsiung, and Ming-Cheng Chang. KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDES, AND PRACTICE OF CONTRACEPTION IN TAIWAN: FOURTH PROVINCE-WIDE FERTILITY SURVEY (KAP IV), 1973. ICPSR06865-v1. Taichung, Taiwan: Taiwan Provincial Institute of Family Planning [producer], 1973. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2002. https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06865.v1
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06865.v1
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: attitudes, beliefs, birth control, cultural traditions, family background, family planning, family relations, fertility, knowledge (awareness), living arrangements, marriage, pregnancy, premarital sex, reproductive history, sexual behavior, women
The codebook and data collection instrument are provided by ICPSR as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and the frequencies are provided as two PDF files.
Original ICPSR Release: 1999-11-10
- 2005-11-04 On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- 2002-02-26 The codebook for this collection has been updated. It now includes a listing of the geographic variables that were removed from the dataset to preserve respondent privacy along with contact information to obtain access to these identifiers.
- List all ~14 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.