Current Population Survey: Annual Demographic File, 1979 (ICPSR 7837)
This data collection supplies standard monthly labor force data as well as supplemental data on work experience, income, noncash benefits, and migration. Comprehensive information is given on the employment status, occupation, and industry of persons 14 years old and older. Additional data are available concerning weeks worked and hours per week worked, reason not working full-time, total income and income components, and residence. Information on demographic characteristics, such as age, sex, race, household relationship, and Hispanic origin, is available for each person in the household enumerated.
Series: Current Population Survey Series
Data in this collection are available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Please log in so we can determine if you are with a member institution and have access to these data files.
This study is provided by Resource Center for Minority Data (RCMD).
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. CURRENT POPULATION SURVEY: ANNUAL DEMOGRAPHIC FILE, 1979. ICPSR07837-v2. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census [producer], 1980. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2008-04-09. https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07837.v2
Persistent URL: https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07837.v2
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: census data, demographic characteristics, employment, Hispanic origins, households, income, job history, labor force, occupational mobility, population characteristics, population estimates, unemployment, working hours
Geographic Coverage: United States
(1) This hierarchical file contains a total of 282,015 records. There are three record types: household, family, and person. Household records contain approximately 40 variables, family records contain approximately 80 variables, and person records contain approximately 220 variables. (2) All records contain weights, which must be used in any analysis.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-06-28
- 2008-04-09 The codebook has been renamed User Guide to more accurately reflect the documentation.
- 2008-04-04 Updated the codebook to include Appendix E -- Estimation of Sampling Errors.
- List all ~258 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.