Current Population Survey: Annual Demographic File, 1977 (ICPSR 7784)
Principal Investigator(s): United States Department of Commerce. Bureau of the Census
This data collection supplies standard monthly labor force data as well as supplemental data on work experience, income, and migration. Comprehensive information is given on the employment status, occupation, and industry of persons 14 years old and older. Additional data are available concerning weeks worked and hours per week worked, reason not working full-time, total income and income components, and residence. Information on demographic characteristics, such as age, sex, race, marital status, veteran status, household relationship, educational attainment, and Hispanic origin, is available for each person in the household enumerated.
Series: Current Population Survey Series
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. CURRENT POPULATION SURVEY: ANNUAL DEMOGRAPHIC FILE, 1977. ICPSR07784-v2. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census [producer], 1978. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2008-03-26. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07784.v2
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07784.v2
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: census data, demographic characteristics, employment, Hispanic origins, households, income, job history, labor force, occupational mobility, population characteristics, population estimates, unemployment, working hours
Geographic Coverage: United States
Date of Collection:
Universe: Persons in the civilian noninstitutional population of the United States living in households and members of the armed forces living in civilian housing in 1977.
Data Types: survey data
Data Collection Notes:
(1) This hierarchical file contains 288,254 records. There are approximately 340 variables and three record types: household, person, and family. Household records contain approximately 40 variables, family records contain approximately 80 variables, and person records contain approximately 220 variables. (2) All records contain weights, which must be used in any analysis.
Sample: A national probability sample was used in selecting housing units.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-06-28
- 2008-03-26 The codebook was updated to include Appendix A and additions were made to the technical documentation and Appendix C.
Related Publications (?)
- List all ~215 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.