ICPSR User Support
- View All ICPSR FAQs
- View Most Popular FAQs
- Browse FAQs by subject
- access - questions about login/password, restricted data, and member-only data
- analyze - issues specific to statistical software (SAS, SPSS, Stata, R)
- citations - how to cite data correctly
- deposit - how to share/deposit data
- documentation - answers on study documentation and survey instruments
- download - specific concerns related to the download process
- finding - information on the search engine and other finding aids
- general - other questions about data and documentation
Please note that ICPSR's FAQs are housed on Blogger. Some links will take you to the ICPSR User Support blog. Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a consultant.
Contact User Support
User support staff are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Monday to Friday. Contact us if you cannot find the answer to your question on this site. Our goal is to respond to inquiries on the same day they are received. Many of our most frequently asked questions are available as tutorials or webinars on YouTube and are always accessible.
Need a study converted to a different format?
You can contact User Support to inquire about the possibility of ICPSR creating setup files for the study. If it is determined that we cannot create them or cannot create them within your time frame, then you are advised to seek assistance from someone on your campus with experience in the statistical package that you have chosen to use.
Alternately, we may be able to provide assistance in converting one of our studies into a statistical format other than the one in which it is offered. Generally, we offers data in SAS, Stata, and SPSS statistical packages but if one of those formats is not available for a specific study, we can convert any of these formats into any other. However, we do not typically provide data in analysis-ready formats when a setup file for the required format is offered. We offer tutorials on using setup files in all statistical packages on our YouTube Channel.
ICPSR has a number of video presentations on YouTube that address a variety of topics including step by step instructions on using and troubleshooting set-up files and creating a MyData account, or using data resources in your classroom.