Why should I deposit data with ICPSR?Your data are a unique contribution to the social sciences and represent a significant investment of time and resources. ICPSR can help you protect that investment by managing and safeguarding your data at no cost to you. Specifically, ICPSR will:
Depositing data with ICPSR is easy. Use the online deposit form to securely upload your data to ICPSR.
- Curate your data. Experienced data managers at ICPSR will review and enhance your study to ensure that it is optimally usable and meets community disclosure limitation standards. ICPSR staff will also create a rich study-level description so that others can discover your study easily and cite it, thus enhancing your research profile.
- Preserve your data. With a 45-year track record in preserving social science data, ICPSR will make sure that your data are available far into the future.
- Disseminate your data. Your data will be accessible to researchers around the world in all of the major statistical package formats. Data can also be made available through ICPSR's online analysis utility.
- Support your data. ICPSR's User Support staff will answer user questions about the download and use of the data so that you have time to pursue new research. You may also request usage statistics for your data.
- Offer levels of access if needed. In addition to handling public-use data, ICPSR also offers archival services for the most sensitive, confidential data, including restricted access data services and a secure data enclave.
- Find publications based on your data. ICPSR will identify publications based on analyses of your data and link these publications to your study, creating a rich network of citations.
Found a problem? Use our
form to let us know.