Join us at the IASSIST conference!
Several ICPSR researchers and staff will be participating in the *IASSIST 2012 Conference*, taking place from June 4-8 at the Marvin Center at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
Please join us at the following events:
- Tuesday, June 5
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 5, ICPSR's Director of Instructional Resources Lynette Hoelter will participate in a workshop titled "Online Data Tools for Curricular Use: Raising the Bar on Data Literacy for Undergraduates" Wednesday, June 6
- 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., ICPSR Assistant Director Mary Vardigan will chair a panel discussion titled "Toward Trusted Digital Repositories: Three Perspectives" featuring ICPSR's Jared Lyle, and speakers from the UK Data Archive, MIT, and the University of North Carolina
- 12:15-1:15 p.m., Lisa Neidert, data services director at the Population Studies Center at ISR, will present information on the American Community Survey at a roundtable discussion
- 12:15-1:15 p.m., Lynette Hoelter will present information on data literacy in college at a roundtable discussion
- 12:15-1:15 p.m., Peter Granda, director of ICPSR's General Archive, will speak at a roundtable discussion titled "An Interdisciplinary Repository for Research on Social Dimensions of Emerging Technologies: Challenges and Opportunities"
- 1:15-3:15 p.m., ICPSR Research Associate Jared Lyle will participate in a panel discussion on "Institutional Repositories and Data"
- 4-5:30 p.m., the conference poster session will include the following posters from ICPSR:
- "The National Addiction and HIV Data Archive Program" presented by Amy Pienta, associate research scientist
- "Data Citation: IASSIST Takes Action!" presented by Assistant Director Mary Vardigan and Elizabeth Moss, assistant librarian
- "ICPSR @ 50: Reflecting on 50 Years of Broadening Access to Social Science Research, and Looking Forward," presented by Linda Detterman, marketing and membership director
- "ICPSR Secure Data Services: Broadening Access. Reducing Risk." presented by Linda Detterman, marketing and membership director
- "Data Seal of Approval: A Community Standard," presented by Assistant Director Mary Vardigan
For more details, please refer to the *conference program*. We hope to see you there!
You can also view other ICPSR announcements.