Videos available of 2011 OR Meeting
In case you missed it....
We are pleased to announce that videos of many of the sessions from the 2011 Official Representatives Meeting held in Ann Arbor Oct. 5-7 are available for viewing on the ICPSR Web site.
Videos, a list of speakers, and presenters’ slides *can be accessed* for the following sessions:
- All Things Confidential -- ICPSR’s Secure Data Services
- Practicing Data Stewardship -- Data Citation and Data Management Plans
- It’s Complicated -- Complex Survey Data and Recent Harmonization Efforts at ICPSR
- Promoting ICPSR -- Engaging your Campus with Data
- The 2010 Census and American Community Survey
- ICPSR’s Bio-Future
- The Founding Archives of ICPSR
- ICPSR in Education -- From Undergraduate to Graduate and Beyond
- A New Generation of Public Archives at ICPSR
- ICPSR Web Tools -- Better Searching for Better Results
In addition, video is also available for the business meeting presentation from ICPSR Director George Alter in which he outlined the current state of the consortium.
Also, the symposium held Oct. 6 featuring a talk by Myron Gutmann, former ICPSR Director and current Assistant Director for Social Behavioral and Economic Sciences for the National Science Foundation, can be viewed. After Gutmann’s talk, a panel discussion was held with:
- Thomas LaVeist, Center for Health Disparities Solutions, Johns Hopkins University
- Barbara Schneider, College of Education and the Department of Sociology, Michigan State University
- Tom Smith, National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago
- Christopher Zorn, Political Science, Pennsylvania State University
- Kevin Schürer, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Enterprise at the University of Leicester served as chair.
If you have any questions about the video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view other ICPSR announcements.