Eight new Data-Driven Learning Guides available
ICPSR’s *Online Learning Center* is pleased to announce the release of eight new Data-Driven Learning Guides (DDLGs).
Designed by teaching faculty and geared toward building data literacy in undergraduate classrooms, DDLGs are set up as lesson plans and contain a description and examples of the focal concept, the data needed for empirical application using basic statistical techniques, a guide to interpretation, and a summary of the exercise.
The new DDLGS are:
- Civic Participation and Demographics in Rural China (using the Four County Study of Chinese Local Government and Political Economy dataset)
- Ethics and Politics (using data from an ABC News/Washington Post poll)
- US Foreign Policy towards Haiti 1994 (also ABC News/Washington Post poll data)
- Intergroup Relationships - Attitudes and Behaviors (using the Houston Area Survey dataset)
- Social Change (using the Longitudinal Study of Generations)
- The American Dream at the Turn of the 21st Century (Using the 1996 ABC News Listening to America Poll)
- Crime Victimization in the US (Using the National Crime Victimization Survey)
OLC now offers *more than 40 DDLGs*, and more are under development. We appreciate any feedback or suggestions for new topics for DDLGs.
You can also view other ICPSR announcements.