Webinar on data management plans available on Web
The ICPSR *Webinar on data management plans* (WMV 45MB) presented by Amy Pienta, director of data acquisitions, is now available for viewing. *Slides* (PPT 1.5MB) are also available.
Held Jan. 12, the session was the best-attended ICPSR Webinar ever, with 535 attendees. The topic has received significant attention in recent months, as the National Science Foundation announced last year that it would require data management plans with all grant applications for projects that will produce data.
The ICPSR Webinar covered the following issues:
- ICPSR?s data management plan Web site
- Suggested elements of a data management plan
- Examples of data management plan language
- Designating ICPSR as an Archive in a data management plan
- Additional resources for preparing a data management plan.
You can also view other ICPSR announcements.