Euro-barometer 18: Ecological Issues, October 1982 (ICPSR 9057)
This round of Euro-Barometer surveys queried respondents on standard Euro-Barometer measures, such as how satisfied they were with their present life, whether they attempted to persuade others close to them to share their views on subjects they held strong opinions about, whether they discussed political matters, what their country's goals should be for the next ten years, and how they viewed the need for societal change. Additional questions focused on the respondents' knowledge of and opinions on the European Community (EC), including how well-informed they felt about the EC, what sources of information about the EC they used, whether their country had benefited from being an EC member, and the extent of their personal interest in EC matters. Another major focus of this surveys was on respondents' concerns about various forms of pollution and ecological problems. Respondents also were asked about possible characteristics of a European television system. Their political orientation and level of political awareness and involvement were also measured, as well as their voting preference if general elections were to be held the next day in each country. Demographic information about the respondents includes age, sex, marital status, family income, age when completed education, occupation, number of people living in respondent's household, and province and region of interview. Euro-Barometer 18 contains data gathered from representative samples of respondents who were interviewed in each of the ten nations of the EC (Germany, Great Britain, Denmark, Italy, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Greece) in October 1982.
Series: Eurobarometer Survey Series
Rabier, Jacques-Rene, Helene Riffault, and Ronald Inglehart. EURO-BAROMETER 18: ECOLOGICAL ISSUES, OCTOBER 1982. Conducted by Faits et Opinions, Paris. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 2002. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09057.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09057.v1
This study was funded by:
- National Science Foundation (SES-8208333)
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: attitudes, communications systems, economic integration, environmental attitudes, environmental degradation, European unification, European Union, life satisfaction, political affiliation, political influence, political issues, pollution, public opinion, quality of life, social change, social interaction, television
(1) The text of the British questionnaire was used in constructing the codebook. (2) The data collection instruments are provided by ICPSR as Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided on the ICPSR Web site.
- Performed consistency checks.
- Standardized missing values.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-06-27
- List all ~18 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)