French National Election Study, 1967 (ICPSR 7372)
Principal Investigator(s): Converse, Philip E.; Roy Pierce
Summary: This post-election study focused on French citizens' attitudes toward politics, partisan preferences, and problems facing France. Respondents were asked about their participation in the election campaign, their interest in politics, their voting history, and other political activities. They were also asked to evaluate the performance of political parties on particular policies. Another section of the survey probed the respondents' perceptions of representation and the responsibi... (more info)
These data are available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Because you are not logged in, we cannot verify that you will be able to download the data.
Converse, Philip E., and Roy Pierce. FRENCH NATIONAL ELECTION STUDY, 1967. Ann Arbor, MI: Philip E. Converse and Roy Pierce, University of Michigan [producers], 196?. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1978. doi:10.3886/ICPSR07372.v1
Persistent URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07372.v1
Scope of Study
Summary: This post-election study focused on French citizens' attitudes toward politics, partisan preferences, and problems facing France. Respondents were asked about their participation in the election campaign, their interest in politics, their voting history, and other political activities. They were also asked to evaluate the performance of political parties on particular policies. Another section of the survey probed the respondents' perceptions of representation and the responsibility of the representatives to their constituents. Demographic data include sex, age, level of education, marital status, religion, occupation, union membership, and monthly income level.
Subject Terms: citizen attitudes, national elections, political activities, political attitudes, political partisanship, political participation, political parties, political philosophy, voter attitudes, voting behavior
Date of Collection:
Universe: French electorate.
Data Types: survey data
Data Collection Notes:
1) Variable numbers in the French National Election Study, 1967, file are not all in sequential order and there are gaps between numbers. The following variables are found in the data file and are documented in the codebook: V1-V2, V5-V379, V580, V582, V656, and V1083-V1086. 2) The codebook is provided by ICPSR as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided on the ICPSR Web site.
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Standardized missing values.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.
Original ICPSR Release: 1984-06-19
- List all ~13 citations associated with this study
Most Recent Publications
Use any of the notification links to add this study to your RSS feed; you will then receive notification if the study is substantively updated.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.