This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
Survey on the Choice and Perception of Quality in Rural Health Institutions, Mbonge Subdivision, Southwest Province, Cameroun (ICPSR 1138)
Principal Investigator(s): Ndeso-Atanga, Sylvester, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine; Leonard, Kenneth L., Columbia University
This study contains data on the behavior of randomly-chosen households when faced with illness. The focus was on providers visited for diseases within a one-month recall period. The data contain information on individuals, households, distances traveled, and fees paid. Also, people were asked in general about their use of government and mission clinics, vaccination habits, and ante-natal and childbirth habits. Included are quantitative data on the nature of the disease episode facing the patient.
These data are flagged as replication datasets and are distributed exactly as they arrived from the data depositor. ICPSR has not checked or processed this material. Users should consult the investigator(s) if further information is desired.
These data are freely available.
Ndeso-Atanga, Sylvester, and Kenneth L. Leonard. Survey on the Choice and Perception of Quality in Rural Health Institutions, Mbonge Subdivision, Southwest Province, Cameroun . ICPSR01138-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1997-11-18. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR01138.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR01138.v1
This study was funded by:
- National Science Foundation
- Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- University of California. Rocca Fellowship
Scope of Study
Data Collection Notes:
(1) These files were compressed with PKzip. Readme.txt is an ASCII file. SAS_FILES.zip is a folder containing these SAS files: coding1.sas, coding2.sas, coding3.sas, coding4.sas, shrtcode.sas, hhidenti.sas, identi.sas, status.sas, fhrecord.sas, treat.sas, quality.sas, villinfo.sas, distance.sas, inkind.sas, and compare.sas. The folder Frequent.zip contains ASCII frequency tables corresponding to the SAS files listed above: coding1.lst, coding2.lst, coding3.lst, coding4.lst, shrtcode.lst, hhidenti.lst, identi.lst, status.lst, fhrecord.lst, treat.lst, quality.lst, villinfo.lst, distance.lst, inkind.lst, and compare.lst. The folder Instrument.zip contains, in binary format: page1.xls, page2.xls, page3.xls, page4.xls, page5.xls, page6.xls, page7.xls, page8.xls, page9.xls, and instructions.doc. The files Instructions.txt and dis_code.txt are in ASCII. 2) These data are part of ICPSR's Publication-Related Archive and are distributed exactly as they arrived from the data depositor. ICPSR has not checked or processed this material. Users should consult the investigator(s) if further information is desired.
Original ICPSR Release: 1997-11-18
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)