This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
Current Population Survey, February 1995: Contingent Work Supplement (ICPSR 6736)
This collection provides data on labor force activity for the week prior to the survey. Comprehensive data are available on the employment status, occupation, and industry of persons aged 15 and over. Also shown are personal characteristics such as age, sex, race, marital status, veteran status, household relationship, educational background, and Hispanic origin. The Contingent Work Supplement questions, asked of all applicable persons aged 15 years and older, focused on contingent or temporary work that a person performed without expecting continuing employment from that particular employer. Additional questions covered workers' satisfaction with their current employment arrangements, job history, transition into the current employment arrangement, search for other employment, employee benefits, and earnings.
Series: Current Population Survey Series
Data in this collection are available only to users at ICPSR member institutions. Please log in so we can determine if you are with a member institution and have access to these data files.
WARNING: This study is over 150MB in size and may take several minutes to download on a typical internet connection.
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. CURRENT POPULATION SURVEY, FEBRUARY 1995: CONTINGENT WORK SUPPLEMENT. ICPSR06736-v2. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census [producer], 1998. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1998. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06736.v2
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR06736.v2
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: census data, demographic characteristics, employee benefits, employment, Hispanic origins, households, job history, job loss, job satisfaction, job security, labor force, occupations, population characteristics, population estimates, temporary employment, unemployment
Geographic Coverage: United States
The abstract portion of the codebook states erroneously that the logical record length of this data file is 1,239. The actual record length is 1,241.
Original ICPSR Release: 1996-12-19
- 2005-12-06 A database dictionary has been added.
- 1998-04-20 These data were resupplied by the Census Bureau to correct the following: (1) substate geography, metropolitan/nonmetropolitan status, and specific metropolitan identifiers in the New England states and Hawaii, (2) the citizenship recode (PRCITSHP) for some individuals, and (3) country of birth of the sample person and his or her mother and father for South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Vietnam, and Yugoslavia. Also, ICPSR has prepared a PDF codebook.
- List all ~43 citations associated with this study
- View citations for the entire series
Most Recent Publications
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.